Any Reviews on the Garmin Golf Watch S60?

I’ve been considering upgrading my golf game with a GPS watch and the Garmin Approach S60 has caught my eye. I’ve heard great things about its features, but I’d love to get some detailed feedback from those who have actually used it on the course.

Key Features to Discuss:

• Distance Measurement: How accurate is it in measuring yardage to the greens and hazards?
  • Course Information: Does it have a comprehensive database of courses?
  • Performance Feedback: What insights can it provide during gameplay?
  • Battery Life: How long does it last on a typical round?
  • Durability: Is it built to withstand the wear and tear of regular golfing?

I’m particularly interested in how it compares to other models on the market. If you’ve played with the S60, could you share your thoughts? Are there any drawbacks or things to be aware of?

Thanks in advance for your insights!

I’ve had the Garmin Golf Watch S60 for a few months now, and I have to say, the GPS accuracy is impressive! It locks onto signals quickly and the yardage seems spot on.

1 Like

That’s great to hear! What’s your experience with shot tracking? Does it really help analyze performance?

2 Likes

The shot tracking is pretty accurate, but I did notice it sometimes misses once in a while if there’s a lot going on. Overall, it’s quite user-friendly during rounds.

I’ve found the same! The interface is so straightforward that it barely takes your focus off the game.

I appreciate how it syncs easily with the Garmin app for after-round analysis. It’s a solid tool for us golfers wanting to track their progress!

Absolutely! It makes reviewing your performance after the game so much easier. Do you think the S60 has any quirks?

Funny you mention quirks, I once forgot to start it and ended my round without tracking anything! Still, I love the S60 for its battery life—lasts a whole weekend easily.

Haha, that’s classic! The battery life is definitely a plus, but how does it compare to other golf watches you’ve used?

2 Likes

In terms of usability, I’ve tried a few models, and the S60 stands out for its intuitive design. I’d say the whole experience improves your game without being too distracting.

That’s good to know! I am curious if it helps with more than just distances. Can it also assist in club selection?

I’ve been using the Garmin Golf Watch S60 for a few months now, and I really love the course mapping feature. It gives you detailed maps of thousands of courses, which is super helpful for my game.

That’s great to hear, robert70! The course mapping is definitely a game changer. How do you find the fitness tracking feature?

The fitness tracking is excellent! It tracks your steps and monitors your heart rate while you play. For someone like me who wants to stay fit, it’s a perfect addition to my routine.

Sounds promising! I’m curious about the battery life—how long does it last when you’re on the course?

The battery life is impressive; it lasts about 10 hours in GPS mode, which is plenty for a full day of golfing. I can easily get through multiple rounds without needing a charge.

Wow, that’s really good! I’m also interested in the smart notifications. Do they work well during a round?

7 Likes

That’s a big plus for me, as I hate missing important calls. Does anyone find any downsides to this watch?

Yes, the smart notifications are super handy! You can receive texts and calls without fumbling for your phone, which is great for staying connected while playing. It enhances the experience without being distracting.

I’ve read some mixed things about the price—it is on the higher side. But for features like accurate course mapping and fitness tracking, it might be worth it. Anyone else think it’s too expensive?